Undergraduate Financial Assistance
At the University of North Texas, you will experience traditional college life and the quality of a private university at an affordable cost. UNT has been named one of America's 100 Best College Buys® every year since 1995.
We are committed to helping you manage the cost of your education. Types of financial aid you can receive include:
- Scholarships — funds awarded based on merit and/or need; no repayment required
- Grants — funds awarded based on need; no repayment required
- Loans — funds that must be repaid at some point
- Student employment — 3800 jobs on campus and many more off campus
The Office of Student Financial Aid and Scholarships offers many resources to help students better understand their financial options. To find out how you can receive assistance with funding your education, visit Student Financial Aid & Scholarships in the Eagle Student Services Center, Room 228, or call (940) 565-2302.
The engineering technology department also offers scholarships to qualified students. Applications, including due dates for the submission of completed materials, are available in the Department Office, Room F115, UNT Research Park. Here is a list of the scholarships the department has available:
- Boeing Scholarship - Awarded to an undergraduate student majoring in electrical engineering technology.
- President's Excellence Scholarship - Awarded to an incoming freshman or transfer student whose major is engineering technology.
- Fritz Roberson Scholarship - Named in honor of a former department faculty member, this scholarship is awarded to either an undergraduate or a graduate student majoring in engineering systems.
- Jude Thaddeus Scholarship - Named in honor of a former educator, this scholarship is awarded to either an undergraduate or graduate student majoring in engineering systems.
- Departmental Scholarship - Awarded to either an undergraduate or graduate student majoring in engineering systems.
College of Engineering Scholarships
The College of Engineering scholarship webpage lists several scholarships, funds provided by the college for engineering students. UNT or external opportunities are also listed on the page.
Professional Organization Scholarships
Many professional organizations offer scholarships to both undergraduate and graduate students. Most of the scholarships require a minimum GPA of 3.0-4.0. Most require U.S. Citizenship but not all. All require membership in an organization to be considered fro scholarships. Learn more about some of the professional organizations that Department of Engineering Technology students participate in.
Here are some of the scholarships offered by professional organizations: